Thursday, January 7, 2010

Milestones

I have returned. Now all ten of you can throw a party and celebrate that I'm back. (That's ten, including my family.)

Give me two weeks off and I will get very, very lazy. I loved my vacation from life, but now it is really difficult to get back into the swing of things.

So, let's see...what has happened?

My husband's parents were here for two weeks. They just left yesterday. We got to spend Christmas with them and my sister's family. We love games, presents, food, kids, sledding, and music, so that's just what we decided to do. Great times they were.


(Allika and her cousin, Tea, opening presents)

I graduated. There is so much emotion and excitement packed into those two words. I walked across the stage to receive my diploma. I kept telling myself to take in the moment because it would have been so easy to just let it all come and go so quickly. It was amazing, though. When I think of everything that has happened in the last two years, it is hard for me to believe that I've come this far. I still have so far to go, but I am celebrating each step along the way.


(Me with my daughter and nieces at my graduation)

We got to celebrate the ending of one year and the beginning of the next. I guess I'm getting old. There are two reasons why I suppose this:
1.) I don't get a thrill out of staying up until midnight to bring in the New Year anymore, and 2.) I get all gushy and sentimental about all the significance of what is taking place before my eyes.

So, I guess it's back to life again: blogging, home-schooling, working, college, ministry,...things that involve waking up before noon.

I think I'm ready for this. Bring on the living of life! Here's to a New Year!!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo! You graduated! You're a learned person! I'm proud of you! And happy to call you my friend! Happy new year! Blessings of many to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. So sweet of you all. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on Graduating and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!! The way you life life to the full (abundantly) is so inspiring!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Abbi. Happy New Year to you and your family, as well.

    Life is always more exciting and abundant when we are surrendered to God. Not saying I'm completely there. I wish I was because I know my life would have even more meaning and purpose. Forgetting what is behind, I press on toward the prize. Thanks for your encouragement. Love you, too.

    ReplyDelete